Safe start fee (one-off)
We manage everything families need to employ a GrandNanny for a flat fee of £350.
The fee can be paid at once or spread across a few monthly payments.
- A pre-vetted GrandNanny matching your requirements with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Enhanced DBS check (inc. child barred list)
- Right to work check
- Identity check
- Paediatric first aid refresher
- Safeguarding children training
- 2 references
- HMRC payroll set up
- Pension set-up
Families receive invoices based on the hours worked per month multiplied by the hourly rate.
To give an idea of costs, the hourly rate is around £16.25 in London and £15.75 outside London. Each GrandNanny’s individual all-inclusive rate is included on their profile.
The first invoice is charged upfront and subsequent ones at the end of each month. This ensures that your GrandNanny is always paid on time.
Traditional Nanny agencies charge a 10%-15% upfront ‘finders fee’ based on a Nanny’s annual salary. At GrandNanny, we wrap it into the hourly rate. We know childcare can feel expensive and we hope this makes our pricing more accessible.
- Payroll, timesheets and payslips
- Holiday calculations
- Employee pension management and contribution
- Employer’s National Insurance contributions
- Ongoing training & feedback loops