To build age-integrated communities & see Grandnannies at every school gate in the UK.
- Make childcare simpler, fairer and more local
- Champion the underemployed
- Facilitate rewarding, intergenerational connections
Sure, they’re GIANT aims…but we’re firm believers in people power and we’re not scared of hard work. Join the Grandnanny community and let’s make it happen.
We are always happy to talk to potential partners, press and people who are interested in working with us. Get in touch.
3 things we care passionately about:
1. Helping working parents find the right childcare for their family
- Eight million UK families lack reliable childcare.
- One third of London schools don’t have an after-school club
- There is a nationwide shortage in childminders
- Student nannies don’t want long-term jobs
- Professional nannies require full-time employment
2. Supporting midlife+ people with childcare experience into rewarding work
- There are at least 1 million people aged 50-64 who are ‘willing/want to work’ but are not currently in work (DWP).
- Ageism contributes to unemployment amongst women in their 50s and 60s and Covid-19 is compounding the issue (Price, 2020).
3. Contributing to closing the gender pay and gender pension gaps
- The lack of reliable, quality childcare in the UK is a major contributor to the gender pay gap
- On average older women’s pension pots are ⅔ smaller than men’s