It’s easy to see why Brighton is a popular place for families. It’s a vibrant, bustling city, with the sea right on your doorstep. As well as the fresh sea air and abundant sunshine there are lots of activities for children and families to enjoy. Being such a popular place means Brighton has a high demand for childcare providers. Finding reliable, flexible, and affordable childcare in Brighton is trickier than usual due to the current childcare crisis. To help you find childcare solutions in this area, we have put together helpful information on finding a Nanny in Brighton. And, for those of you looking for Nanny jobs in Brighton, we have helpful hints and tricks for you too!
Finding a Nanny in Brighton
Nannies are one of the best childcare options for families, as they can offer part-time care and adapt to family schedules. They also provide children with one-to-one input, which isn’t possible at a nursery or a childminder’s.
Finding a Nanny in Brighton who complements your family’s lifestyle, may seem challenging, but here are some tips for finding the right match:
- When searching for a nanny, outline your needs and write down specific character traits or requirements you’re looking for – this will help you focus your search.
- Join social media groups that discuss and review local childcare options such as nannies or nanny agencies – by joining these groups you’ll get to hear people’s experiences and gain valuable insights into the options available to you. The BrightonMums.com Facebook group contains lots of helpful information for parents about what’s going on in Brighton and Hove.
- Ask co-workers or friends for recommendations – if you know people who have lived in the area for a while that have children it’s worth asking if they have any childcare recommendations. Your friends and colleagues are likely to have a similar lifestyle to you, so they’ll be able to recommend flexible and reliable options.
- Seek help from a nanny agency or nanny matching service – finding a nanny in Brighton will be much easier with professional help.
Did you know GrandNanny is now officially in Brighton? Hooray! We are here to help and support you all the way through finding your perfect GrandNanny match with our six-step process. By signing up for our Nanny matching service, you’ll receive emails whenever a GrandNanny who meets your requirements wants to meet you.
Looking for Nanny Jobs In Brighton?
For anyone looking for an additional income stream becoming a nanny is a great opportunity, as it offers flexibility and fulfilment, as well as those extra funds. There is a lot of competition for Nanny jobs in Brighton due to the high demand of families looking for childcare solutions.
To help you find a Nanny job in Brighton, here are some tips and tricks:
- Stand out from the crowd – when writing your nanny profile make sure it’s personalised and highlights your experience and skill set. Including a sentence or two about you (such as a fun fact) will make your profile more welcoming and attractive.
- Ask a friend to review your profile – get a trusted friend, colleague, or family member to proofread your bio and offer feedback. They may have ideas on how to bring your personality across.
- Join local social media groups – social media groups are great for finding jobs in Brighton, as people looking for nannies often post advertisements and people can recommend good nanny agencies or matching services. The Early Years & Childcare in Brighton & Hove has many insightful and supportive posts.
- Sign up for a nanny agency – while job sites can help find vacancies, nanny agencies or matching services are better equipped at finding you the ideal role. They are there to offer safeguarding training, ongoing support, and general advice. Some nanny services even offer childcare qualifications.
You can find Nanny jobs in Brighton through the GrandNanny system when registering with us. The process is completely free and simple to follow.
Why choose us?
GrandNanny is different from a traditional Nanny agency. We are a Nanny matching service that supports families in finding an ideal childcare arrangement with local nannies. Once you have an account, you can see all open job opportunities and apply for the ones that interest you most.
Top Reasons to Become a GrandNanny:
- Great flexibility – part-time hours available so that you find the time for your personal projects and hobbies
- Giving back – offering help to kids and their families
- Keeping active- research shows that spending time with kids improves your mental and physical health.
- Getting paid – you can earn up to £24,800 a year pro rata*
At GrandNanny we value your experience and skill, whether that’s professional or personal experience. We are an equal opportunity employer, and as well as helping families find fantastic childcare solutions, we want to encourage and support mature people with rejoining the workforce.
You can find all the information you need about registering as a GrandNanny here. We have officially expanded our presence across the UK after successfully launching in London and now offer Nanny services in Brighton. Keep your eye out for more Brighton blogs.